This program is a discipline based on the application of science and related fields of study in the conversion of agriculture raw materials into safe, stable, palatable and nutritious foods. It includes the post-harvest handling, preparation, processing, packaging, storage and distribution of food to ensure food security and the well-being of individuals, famines and communities. It includes the social, cultural, economic managerial and environmental aspects of food systems.
- To equip students with adequate knowledge, attitudes, values and skills in providing service that can enhance nutritional status of individuals of individuals and communities.
- To develop /utilize research and capabilities to undertake research along priority areas for income generations.
- To develop pro-active and upright professionals to disseminate technologies for country side development to accelerate economic progress.
- Food Manufacturing and Engineering
- Quality control/assurance
- Product development
- Food analysis
- Academic institutions