In planning the information service, the following types of information are given high priority:
- Occupational information - information concerning occupations locally within the province, region, and in the nations, as well as occupational outlook at all levels.
- Business/ Industrial information - information concerning industries/ business for example: descriptive information about various industries in the community, province, region or nation also local trends, such as new local industries/ business.
- Training information - description of all types of training opportunities, for example: accreditation, loans and scholarships, information about correspondence school on the job.
- Educational Information - information not elsewhere classified and not covered in other categories for example: information about curricula and extra-class activities, school policies and traditions, information about course content, financial and other types of assistance to students.
- Socio-economic and cultural information - information concerning social, economic and cultural conditions and trends, neighborhood influences and mores, economic conditions, labor law, depletion of resources, human rights.
- Resource information - information concerning community, provincial and national resources for the purpose of direct referrals.
- Orientation of freshmen, transferees, shifters and returning students, on the different Guidance Services.
- Provide guidance mini-library facilities for purposes of research on matters pertaining guidance and counseling.
- Provide guidance mini-laboratory facilities for OJT specializing in guidance and counseling/ Psychology.
- Bulletin board display/ posters/ charts.
- Current catalogues of school, colleges and universities.
- Lectures, forums symposium, lectures
- Audio taping