Psychological Testing and Assessment
- To provide the student, information that is vital for himself and to assist him in making wise choice or decisions to problems
- For identification of special students/ special needs/ problems and various other concerns.
- For classification, for purpose of group guidance when the interests of the staff is in bringing together small groups of students who have expressed their common concerns.
- For selection and placement in the different courses/ changes of course.
- For evaluation to determine how well particular groups are doing.
- For planning, test results help the individual see a developmental picture of his own growth which can greatly help in decision making process.
- For adjustment, from time to time students will need assistance in his educational and personal adjustment
- For counseling, test results provide the counselor with the baseline data for counseling, as basis for choice, courses of action or decision-making.
- For research, test data may be used for research with proper permission.